One of the must have for CNY is ang pau and here is what I've come out with. The mathematical calculation for "Amount Received" exponentially decreases every year as you get older until which it'll be zero and that's when it starts to be negative, which also mean you start giving la =P
I did something really really paiseh when i think about now but i was dead serious about it that time. Back when i was 10 (i think), I had a hard time remembering who gave which any pau at the end of the day. So i thought out a "brilliant" device to keep track of my ang pau, a PEN! I would simply write the person's name on the ang pau when i get it. A simple no fuss way of having to remember the design on each ang pau to match the giver. I remembered an uncle was stunted when he saw me writing his name after given me the ang pau and he jokingly commented, "Sei lo, luckily i gave you quite a good sum if not malu cause you would know it was me". Then i responded, "Sorry la uncle, no choice i get too many ang pau jor, cannot keep track so have to do this". It's kinda funny now when i think of that ingenious plan of ang pau tracking i once had.
But when you're older, you start to realized that the ang pau no matter 大 or 小, it's the meaning that counts.
No comments:
Post a Comment