Saturday, May 11, 2013

In Asia especially for Chinese, it's our social norm or stereotype that girls MUST know how to cook. There are also Chinese quotes that says "Look for a wife that is good in the kitchen and also presentable as a host" or "As a girl if you do not know how to cook, you don't expect someone to marry you".

Well to me those quotes are quote obsolete in today's context. We can no longer assume modern girls to have the "know how to cooking". Thank God I was able to learn to cook while i was in the US and because of my interest, I've also put it to good use since i was back in Malaysia. I believe there is nothing to lose to learn more skills.

I never expect my wife to know how to cook. If she does, it would be a plus but if she doesn't, i don't mind being a chef to her. Right now, i am working on increasing the list of things i can cook.

Current house specialty: Marinated Grilled Lamb Shoulder with Garlic Potato Wedges!


An early Happy Mother's Day wish to all the mothers who have worked so hard especially preparing meals for their family. I know it's never an easy task.

No comments:

Post a Comment